Dawn Redd is a former Division I volleyball player and coach. She currently coaches at the Division III level where she has tremendous success in mentoring and leading her athletes to excel, win, and be successful.
Redd is the author at Coach Dawn Writes, a blog devoted to coaching coaches. The blog is for coaches at all levels who are interested in building successful teams, motivating their athletes, and discussing the intangibles of coaching. Topics covered include: leadership, team chemistry, female athletes, goal setting, and coaching philosophy. Her work has been published in NCAA Champion and Athletic Management magazines.
Redd has coached at the high school, club, Division I and III levels…taking her first collegiate head coaching job at age 24 with the University of Rochester. After playing volleyball at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, she accepted a coaching internship working with the men’s and women’s teams at Princeton University and has been coaching ever since.
Please send an email to coachdawnwrites[at]gmail[dot]com if you are interested in having her speak to your group.
Redd can speak to any topic regarding teams and team building. Here are a few topics, but she is willing to tailor her talk to your specifications.
- Book discussion, Coach Dawn’s Guide To Motivating Female Athletes
- How Coaches Can Manage “Girl Drama”
- Using John Wooden’s Pyramid of Success to Build a Successful Season
- Motivating the Female Athlete to Success
- Using Personality Tests to Build Team Chemistry
- Marketing Women’s Athletics: Why It’s Important
- Leadership Training: 10 Traits to Foster in Your Team Leaders
- The Catch 22: Work-Life Balance
- Wish List: The 8 Must-Have Qualities You Must Instill in Your Athletes
- Increasing the Competitiveness of Your Female Team
Check out this 3 minute interview after my AVCA presentation about drawing the line between being a player’s coach and being their friend: AVCA interview with Barry Lovelace.
Please contact Coach Dawn atcoachdawnwrites[at]gmail[dot]com for detailed fee schedule.
The hiring organization is expected to cover the speaking fee, air and ground transportation, lodging, meals, and any program related costs.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required to confirm booking. The balance is to be paid to Redd upon arrival at presentation site, prior to any services being rendered by speaker.
Please contact Dawn Redd directly for a detailed compensation list.